Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Two Thoughts...

I love NPR. I do. Reflecting on my love for NPR (as I sometimes do), led me to two thoughts.

The first is a memory of a game I played with a friend my freshman year in college. We were fast friends and although it seemed we'd known each other for a long time, we really had just met. One night instead of doing Calc homework we played a game we made up called, "what do you love most." The "game" essentially forced each of us to think of the five things (yes actual things, not people or ideas) that we loved the most. Hers included Gumby, Maps, and Pickles. Mine: New athletic socks. (I don't remember what else I we said) I here by add.... NPR. Silly? Perhaps. But it's fun. I am curious what everyone else loves the most.

The second thing I was thinking about is this series of essays they do on NPR called "This I believe". People, famous and ordinary, young and old, read essays they've written about what they believe in above all things. ( http://www.npr.org/thisibelieve/about.html ) In any case, I have sometimes thought about trying to write an essay like this. But today, if anyone is looking for something blog about, give this a try?

6 comments:

lkboc said...

a few of my favorite things...
yarn
book orders
fun socks
musicals
paper products/stationery

Colleen said...

I will also add a few things that I like...

crispy tater tots
new pens
sending/receiving snail mail
world atlases
staring at falling snow

Cole said...

ice cream
new athletic socks
NPR
farmers markets
down bedding

Mike said...

Good coffee, with real cream
Trade paperback books
Previews before movies (in the theatre)
Showers with good water pressure
Notre Dame football (tailgating, watching games live or on TV, reading about it, thinking about it, following recruits and graduates, indoctrinating my kid to like it)

William said...

A perfectly prepared Rice Krispy Treat (not overly crispy; thick and chewy; cohesive; with an appropriate amount of resistance to the mandibles)

A perfectly prepared Charleston Chew (not stale; unwrapped; either chocolate or vanilla flavor; similar level of mandibular resistance as the Rice Krispy, but different texture)

A plate of Hippie Hash at the Fleetwood Diner, with a side of bacon

A new book (unbroken spine)

William said...

Oh, I forgot:

Potbellies sandwich (Roast beef & provolone, bacon added, white bread, mayo, mustard, lettuce, tomato, onions)

Why are 80% of mine related to food?